Monday, November 14, 2005

Coldplay vs. The Pointer Sisters

"Green Eyes" by Coldplay, from A Rush of Blood to the Head (2002)
Image hosted by TinyPic.com I'm so sick of Coldplay. Really, I am. And I have a feeling this song was written for Gwyneth, which kind of makes me gag. And yet, I find myself singing along anyway. Damn you Coldplay.

"Fire" by The Pointer Sisters, from Energy (1979)
Image hosted by TinyPic.com Oh hot damn. This song is tough to beat, I don't care what you say. I dare you to listen to this song and not crack a smile, not bob your head and not sing a long to the lyric 'Romeo and Juliet, Samson and Delilah...' Also, catch Robin Williams doing this song as Elmer Fudd. Less harmony, more looney tunes.

WINNER: Sorry lads, your simple-minded pop stylings have no chance against the juggernaut that is The Pointer Sisters. Go on everybody, do the Neutron Dance. Just a little. For me. Please?

What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home